News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Municipal Politics

Rice actually rubs me as being somewhat centrist with a slight pull to the right.

Principe, in my opinion, will be the heir of the council's conservative throne, which says a lot. When Rice and Principe are the two most conservative councilors, we know we did a good job in this election.

Anti-masker Cartmell is conservative too.

I'm disappointed Edmonton Elections didn't release the city's results for the referendum as Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Strathcona County, St. Albert did.

I'm disappointed Edmonton Elections didn't release the city's results for the referendum as Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Strathcona County, St. Albert did.
It was known, from the get go, that they would release these results on the 26th

Cartmell is sharp. I dont agree with him on everything, but he's a good leader, well educated, and communicates well with his ward. Hence the lack of competition he received and overwhelming support he got. He's nuanced and thoughtful, even when he lands a different place than id hope. His views on the LRT are frustrating but he lays out his thought process and weighs the alternatives well. He's not playing to fools, he's speaking to thinkers, which i appreciate vs Nickel's tactics.

Agreed. While I might challenge him on a few of his perspectives such as LRT, he is a very important type of councillor to have given the rest of the composition. I hope he takes on more of a senior councillor role and helps mentor some of his new colleagues.

I pulled these from an AMA that Aaron Paquette did on reddit. Given the makeup of our new council, I have high hopes for it passing in January.
Screenshot_20211028-175525_rif is fun golden platinum.jpg

Screenshot_20211028-175518_rif is fun golden platinum.jpg

I think the thing that really stood out the most here for me is that Keren Tang had a massive amount of tech donations in comparison with literally anyone else who disclosed their contributions

Back