News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

High Pointe Claireview

@thommyjo , I don't believe that it's been posted before. If that's the case, good find 👍

TOD density low/mid rise brings a smile to my face. Urban townhomes and urban style streetscape sounds great.
And it sounds like a plan this newish land developer can get done and relatively fast. Would be great.
All infrastructure being in place should help lots/parcels get sold and developed much faster.
I like their vision.
Clareview LRT with parking and the rec centre and malls et al, could spur this area to become our most dense burb within the ringroad?
I can support their vision for our burbs "to bring Toronto and Vancouver style urban villages to Edmonton, there is always a first time.

Land prep has started in earnest for High Pointe north of Claireview. This development will fill in the vacant plot between the west Claireview transit center and Ebbers. Hopefully it'll make biking to Claireview a lot easier as well!

Likely won't be any sort of earth shattering architecture but a pretty nice spot to be located with LRT and rec center within walking distance,

Taken at High Pointe at Claireview, looking north. There was more equipment not shown here.
20220920_175624.jpg

The majority of the land has been sold already, including 4 multifamily sites and 1 commercial site. 1078 units and 31k sqft of commercial space.
The development looks like it will be fantastic for the community, and the new sidewalk on 144 Ave will be a welcome addition.

Manning Drive really hobbles the potential of Clareview though. I have no idea why the median is so huge.
1682102912329.png

Manning Drive really hobbles the potential of Clareview though. I have no idea why the median is so huge.

Because, just like Terwillegar, it was designed to be converted to a freeway in the future. The current roadway would become the collector roads, and the freeway built in the middle. Obviously that ship has most likely sailed at this point.

Because, just like Terwillegar, it was designed to be converted to a freeway in the future. The current roadway would become the collector roads, and the freeway built in the middle. Obviously that ship has most likely sailed at this point.
That's what I was thinking too, but the median is only for a short little stretch.
1682108685413.png

It almost looks like it was built that way just to save this little Petro-Can haha.
1682108649357.png

I believe it was built that way to facilitate a future interchange with over-underpasses and cloverleaf on-off ramps.

Yeah the section with a large median would have been a collectors/express system, and north of that would have just been a standard freeway. I’m assuming that Petro Can got built after the city abandoned the freeway plans and sold off excess land.

This project's development process seems confusing. So the developer rezoned and serviced the land, then sub-contracted for specific building projects?

This project's development process seems confusing. So the developer rezoned and serviced the land, then sub-contracted for specific building projects?
They rezoned and serviced the land and then sold plots to individual builders, yes. This is how greenfield developers typically operate.

Back