Station Pointe | ?m | ?s

The special rate is a good idea, but I don't think these pictures are from the space. I could be wrong, and I did ask for clarification, but I try to peek through the windows when I drive by there and it still looked like an empty shell recently. Hopefully the day care opens soon, and more businesses follow. According to the brochure, which you can access from this page, the other CRUs are still up for grabs. I guess the pizza place which used to be 'pending' fell through.
Yeah, my hunch was right. When I was biking out that way I took a peek inside and it looked as bare as always. Hopefully this announcement means that work will start on it soon. At the very least, it's nice knowing that the daycare hasn't backed out.

In other news, the pharmacy is now open. The owner posted a lot of interior shots, and some exterior shots, on its google maps page. Honestly it looks pretty nice, I like the brightness inside. The window wraps seem to still be up, but they're almost transparent in this picture. I don't know if they've always been like this at night or if the owners got them to be see-through somehow once the pharmacy opened for business; maybe they go translucent when light hits them from behind? I'll take a look when going by it on Sunday. I gave them a call to see if the medical clinic is open as well. The man I spoke with said that only the pharmacy is open for now; the clinic will follow suit in a couple of months, and they are not yet sure how many doctors will be joining.
Pharmacy.PNG

Reference Id:Job No 371512150-002
Description:To construct a Lodging House (32 Sleeping Units) building, and a Multi-unit Housing building (30 Dwellings).
Plan 0924862 Blk 1 Lot 11
Applicant:EAGLE BUILDERS
Create Date:2020/08/28
Neighbourhood:BELVEDERE
Issue Date:2020/10/06
Class Of Permit:Class A
20210725_185027.jpg

Reference Id:Job No 371512150-002
Description:To construct a Lodging House (32 Sleeping Units) building, and a Multi-unit Housing building (30 Dwellings).
Applicant:EAGLE BUILDERS
Create Date:2020/08/28
Neighbourhood:BELVEDERE
Issue Date:2020/10/06
Class Of Permit:Class A
View attachment 339613

Maybe not what the community wanted, but I am glad that this area is finally being developed.

Finally made a thread for this! Also, I got in touch with one of the owners of the daycare at Fort Crossing (not to be confused with the Station Pointe TOD area). It's owned by a husband and wife and they're waiting for some inspections to take place; they plan to open on February 1. The man said that he'll text me the link to their website, I'll edit this post if/when he does.

I got in touch with one of the owners of the daycare at Fort Crossing (not to be confused with the Station Pointe TOD area). It's owned by a husband and wife and they're waiting for some inspections to take place; they plan to open on February 1. The man said that he'll text me the link to their website, I'll edit this post if/when he does.
He never got back to me, but they put their website link on google maps. Safe to say it's still a work in progress. No permit application is available on the city website yet, and it does not yet appear on the province's list of childcare providers in Edmonton.

The daycare's website now has some pictures of its interior

videothumbnail.1695861292910 (1).jpg

Major Development Permit
Reference Id: Job No 371512150-006
Description: To change the Use of a Lodging House building and a Multi-unit Housing building to Supportive Housing (31 Dwellings each) and to construct interior and exterior alterations.
Applicant: EAGLE BUILDERS
Create Date: 2023/03/16
Neighbourhood: BELVEDERE
Issue Date: 2023/03/22
Class Of Permit: Class A

Half a million (31 units in each building), will likely include support space.

I was wondering what they were starting to build here. Hopeful this space will help lift up the young adults it will serve.

Half a million (31 units in each building), will likely include support space.

I was wondering what they were starting to build here. Hopeful this space will help lift up the young adults it will serve.
31 units for 35M - works out 1.12Million per unit......I underestimated earlier.....

Back