News   Apr 02, 2020
 5.2K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 1.5K     0 

Miscellaneous

Mattyeg

Member Bio
Reaction score
I think this building just had to come down because of LRT.

You can see how much it sticks out compared to all the newer buildings in brewery

50DE522F-FBD6-4983-9F9E-59DA76E3BA97.png

A66C8E47-FFD1-41A2-AB3A-2B6AF51B0C64.png

_urbanite

Member Bio
Reaction score
It was definitely torn down for that. They ran a news story on it a while back. A lady had a business there and didn't want to vacate yet because at that point LRT construction was still over a year away from starting. She wanted CoE (who is owner of the building after expropriation) to allow her to stay operating for longer, but they denied her request. That's why it sat empty for up until now

Aaron_Lloyd

Member Bio
Reaction score
Looks really nice, very excited by the possibility of more non-market housing getting built. That said, I worry that if this were ever built Chinatown would just become even more weighted down than it already is, these sorts of services really ideally need to be more spread out through the city.

Last edited:

ION

Member Bio
Reaction score
and getting away with it.
I predict once this newest version of a doomed nightclub opens and closes in this location they'll have an "uh oh" and be rewarded with insurance $$ Calgary-style... Funny that! SMH... Even when I was still pounding jaggerbombs at Brewster's and Druid back in the day we'd never go to anything as awful as whatever happened to be open at Jasper and 108 in this location... And that says something when drunk journalism school students who love pitchers of unlimited tap beer from Boston Pizza won't go near a place...