Manchester Square | ?m | 2s | 76 Group Co | Gardner Architecture

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
This just proves to me that people in Edmonton are so desperate for vibrant communities that they will even congregate at "simulated" walkable developments. They aren't interested in the parking lot - they want pedestrian streetwall, real materials and human scale.
while i concur that it confirms a public desire for vibrant gathering spaces, i'm not sure that means they aren't also interested in the parking lot. from the photos, it would seem that most if not all of the people in them arrived by car (or truck or limo). :)

while i concur that it confirms a public desire for vibrant gathering spaces, i'm not sure that means they aren't also interested in the parking lot. from the photos, it would seem that most if not all of the people in them arrived by car (or truck or limo). :)

Fair. There is a certain amount of hypocrisy driving to a walkable city in "Europe" to take selfies to show how urban you are. I also am not necessarily against the parking lot in this development, but I am not aware of any other recent strip malls attracting wedding photogs...

Fair. There is a certain amount of hypocrisy driving to a walkable city in "Europe" to take selfies to show how urban you are. I also am not necessarily against the parking lot in this development, but I am not aware of any other recent strip malls attracting wedding photogs...
We just had engagement photos done and our photographer asked if we wanted to shoot here as we wanted something 'urban'. I scoffed at the idea (not to the photographer) and we chose to shoot in the alley behind the old Blue Plate on 104 instead. :)

cool... the alley between jasper and 102 avenue between 100 street and 101 street is also pretty cool.

out of curiosity, how did everyone get to and from your photo shoot? :)
My fiancee and I drove our vehicle and the photographer drove hers. We had a few other locations we were doing throughout the city after work. Indoor locations are null for us given COVID.

A few from yesterday.
IMG_1421.JPGIMG_1422.JPGIMG_1423.JPGIMG_1428.JPG

It is cool to see this get lots of love on social media--if I am the developer, I am hiring a really cutting edge online marketing agency to build upon their current momentum to really bring this to being viral on a local level (as ironic as that statement is). Could really lead to it being a highly desired space.

If this weren't a pandemic and I were the developer, I would be working in conjunction with Arcadia to host an outdoor winter beer gardens in their big parking lot.

Maybe that’s part of the genius??

“Well, say what you want, love it or hate it; the fact remains we’ve been talking about it for the last 15 minutes. And this is Playboy.”

-Don Draper, Mad Men

For me it is akin to the Nissan Qashqai
1 : a migratory Turkic-speaking people of the Zagros mountains situated east of the Bakhtiari.

Adds intrigue, but unnecessary confusion to the goal/intent of the project.

Back