7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.3K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Legislature Annex

dsc_0140-jpg.293359

Mine

I can't believe how much my opinion on this building changed just from being informed about it on here and not being ignorant of its architectural significance in our city. I guess, in the words of Nanny Mcphee: "When you need me, but do not want me, then I will stay. If you want me, but no longer need me, then I have to go." 😔

I don't believe so, last I heard from the demo company maybe a week or two ago, things were delayed due some abatement work taking longer than anticipated.

edit: per my notes, they're doing interior demo/abatement, but exterior to commence soon.

Last edited:
Seems like the interior demo is taking a lot longer than anticipated, as the tower is still happily standing if anyone was wondering, and no big demo equipment was on-site yet.

Major Development Permit
Reference Id:Job No 400166431-002
Description:To Demolish an Institutional Building (12 Storey Legislature Annex Building)
Plan 1720026 Blk G Lot 2
Applicant:PCL CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT INC
Create Date:2021/06/21
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN

Have we seen any sort of design/plan for this future space? At one point I had heard it was going to be a memorial space for those that have served in our military.

Back