News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Kinistinâw Park

@Avenuer
Phase II plans to feature an open plaza with a covered tree canopy, water feature and stone slab for sunning gathering. This work is dependent on funding.

I had forgotten about Phase 2 as well. I can't remember if there were renders shown somewhere for the water feature(s) to the North of Phase 1?
*edit- didn't see Dave's post above. "Concept design of Phase II" will be forthcoming...

Last edited:
Phase II plans to feature an open plaza with a covered tree canopy, water feature and stone slab for sunning gathering. This work is dependent on funding.
Wow, I can hardly wait to get my tan on! If I get too hot, I can always dive into the water feature -- you have got to be kidding me!

Wow, I can hardly wait to get my tan on! If I get too hot, I can always dive into the water feature -- you have got to be kidding me!
you're confusing the titling of the project with the as yet un-designed deliverable product... just because it calls for sunning gathering doesn't mean you'll actually be able to either sun or gather just as designing and delivering the touch the water project doesn't mean you'll actually be able to touch the water.

Here's looking up at the underside of the canopy

1607309602220.jpeg

Phase II formal presentation at EDC is a go for Dec. 1:

FORMAL PRESENTATIONS (Open to the Public)
B.2. 16:40 Kinistinaw Park - Phase II (City Project)
Chelsey Witty - DIALOG

C.1. Kinistinaw Park - Phase II (City Project)
Chelsey Witty - DIALOG
Motion of Support
CARRIED

The city has done it's part, it is now the developers and stake holder's turn to do their part. We need active CRUs in the Flatiron Building, Artists Habitat tower to get built, and more residential units in the area.

Make it happen....

Back