News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Jasper Avenue New Vision / Imagine Jasper Avenue

If it is I'm going to lose my sh*t. But I believe there was some money for 'sidewalk renewal' (which Karen Principe tried to have removed) which may include this. I'm not sure though, tbh

Ah yes, CRL funding the Downtown portion, right. Timing indication?

What about Imagine Jasper (west)?

Ah yes, CRL funding the Downtown portion, right. Timing indication?

What about Imagine Jasper (west)?
It’s in this capital budget cycle but questions about doing that at the same time as valley line lrt and imagine Jasper.

I believe imagine Jasper is what _urbanite was referring to. Anne was pushing to have the next phase done.

I emailed Coun. Stevenson on this and I'm happy to report that Jasper Ave work west of 114 street was funded in the 2023-26 budget.

I don't know the schedule and if that includes work all the way to 124st over the next four-years, but that info should be coming soon.

What will be done first? The 102-109 St section or the 114-124 St section?

Last edited:
The timing of both will be discussed I'm sure in light of road closures into the Downtown from Valley Line LRT west. I don't think that timing has been decided yet or I'm not aware of anything public.

Last edited:
I know there were some concerns about proceeding now with Jasper Ave work between 114 -124 streets due to the 104 Ave lrt work.

But I'm very glad this work is not being delayed from what I've seen so far. I expected traffic to be lighter on 104 Ave with the bridge out and it was light between 730-8am this morning but I expected it might be busier on Jasper Ave with people coming from 102 Ave Instead. It was quiet. So I don't know where the traffic is coming from into the dt from the west. 100 Ave isn't any busier that normal either.

Here was Jasper Ave this morning at 7:45am at looking west and east at 113 Street.

20230116_075602.jpg
20230116_075611.jpg

Back