News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Jasper Avenue New Vision / Imagine Jasper Avenue

Only took less than 18 days for some drivers to have a mishap (or two) at 110st.

"No Entry? I'll show you an entry!" and "Yield to Bicycles? No! Let's drop that sign on them!"

View attachment 358001
That's bloody infuriating!!!
I wish left turns were forbidden in most places, at least major roads, with hefty tickets for breaking the law 😡

It's amazing how this addiction, a North American phenomenon, is ingrained in people's minds here 😡😡😡😡

Remember when they had to rip out all the bollards on 108 St. because people apparently couldn't figure out how to park without hitting them?
i[m pretty sure that was a much bigger design error than driver error... (a) you couldn't see those bollards when trying to parallel park in front of them and (b) there are no curbs to keep a car away from those unseen bollards.

Only took less than 18 days for some drivers to have a mishap (or two) at 110st.

"No Entry? I'll show you an entry!" and "Yield to Bicycles? No! Let's drop that sign on them!"

View attachment 358001
Dang, that's unfortunate :( For the bikers I mean. The person who did that can enjoy their now scratched-up Ford F450 Dual-Wheel drive they tried to left-turn into Oliver.

I'd be surprised, but ran into a driver on the 102 avenue bike lane who swerved onto the sidewalk to avoid running into me on my bike. Surprised some people will continue givin' 'er despite what their eyes should be telling them...

i[m pretty sure that was a much bigger design error than driver error... (a) you couldn't see those bollards when trying to parallel park in front of them and (b) there are no curbs to keep a car away from those unseen bollards.
Oh and lest we forget, we are a winter city, for at least part of the year. After a few heavy snow falls and they got a bit buried, and I don't think the snow plow drivers were any kinder to them than the parallel parkers.

That road has been one way before this work. So just an idiot driver. The 102 ave bike lane was an issue when it was first installed. I remember sitting in my office at Stantec and watching people turning into it. even though there are numerous signs.

I say install a permanent spike strip there. One or two incidents there and no one will ever try that again. 🤪
Screenshot_20211027-085325~2.png

Back