News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Jasper Avenue New Vision / Imagine Jasper Avenue

All the fencing coming down now from 109-114 streets and the concrete barriers separating Jasper Ave down the middle are being removed. Back to a full street shortly.

From my understanding, that wraps up any further Jasper Ave work until 2023 at the earliest- since no additional funding allocated yet.

20210916_122726.jpg
20210916_122757.jpg

I saw that too when I was downtown today. It will be nice to have at least a year off from construction on Jasper ave.

On section I would like to see fixed up despite not too much there is Jasper ave from 97st to 95st. It may be a short stretch but I think would be in the city's interest to fix that area up. As well, considering that private industry have renewed the buildings along that stretch it is now the turn of the city to return the favour.
20210915_103200.jpg

Oh, on a related note. I noticed the work on 97st and heard that the Harbin gate was going to be installed at that location. Is this the case?
20210915_102930.jpg

The east side is a buz today. everyone is trying to get done. 97st will be a least a month. Looks like final paving this weekend on the Jasper ave section. landscaping is ongoing today along with the stone work. The foundation for the Harbin gate is in place.

The east side is a buz today. everyone is trying to get done. 97st will be a least a month. Looks like final paving this weekend on the Jasper ave section. landscaping is ongoing today along with the stone work. The foundation for the Harbin gate is in place.
Where is the Harbin Gate going? Or is it the same place it was?

Which was stupid and unfortunate and stupid.

I lOVED the initial renderings of it passing under it and thought it was going to be a rather unique element of the line.

My understanding was that it was less height and more about concerns around vibration.

That said, the solution and new gate will be very impressive and quite the gateway.

Which was stupid and unfortunate and stupid.

I lOVED the initial renderings of it passing under it and thought it was going to be a rather unique element of the line.

My understanding was that it was less height and more about concerns around vibration.

That said, the solution and new gate will be very impressive and quite the gateway.
Oh interesting, that makes more sense since they could have just raised it in theory (unless I'm wrong on that). I like the gate/portal overall, but I'm still not getting why the yellow cage wraps around it. It really covers up the red portions. Maybe it's a safety thing so that people can't fall in?

Back