News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Italian Bakery | ?m | 2s | Riddell Kurczaba

Funny thing is that a certain major developer in Edmonton made that claim about 10 yrs ago and that Currents was going to shift the food and retail epicentre to that location.

I'm definitely no expert but it seems to me it would just be good business to make sure in a project like this, your building comes out fully accessible.

I was wondering about that myself, there must be some additon to remove that grade differentiation like a ramp or something simliar, as no entrance right now appears to be fully accessible.

IMG_1474.jpeg
IMG_1473.jpeg

Driving by last night

While I completely get why they added these... I can't imagine seeing these on a building adjacent to a lot you might be looking to redevelop would instill much investor confidence in the area. :/

I don't think we should shame the installation of rolling shutters, and I would be happy to see them encouraged and normalized in any part of town. It's higher risk in Chinatown of course, but if installing shutters can give business owners peace of mind, then I'm all for it - anything to give some comfort that your front window isn't going to be smashed overnight while you're at home is a good thing, it doesn't matter what neighbourhood it is.
And I think shutters, which are usually only closed overnight are a better look than window bars, which are always present.

I don't think we should shame the installation of rolling shutters, and I would be happy to see them encouraged and normalized in any part of town. It's higher risk in Chinatown of course, but if installing shutters can give business owners peace of mind, then I'm all for it - anything to give some comfort that your front window isn't going to be smashed overnight while you're at home is a good thing, it doesn't matter what neighbourhood it is.
And I think shutters, which are usually only closed overnight are a better look than window bars, which are always present.
Are these really better looking and less off-putting than decent quality window bars? In any case, I would still far prefer to live in a city that does what's needed to curb social disorder instead of normalizing burdening private citizens. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Back