News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Federal Infrastructure Funding

EdmTrekker

Member Bio
Reaction score
By my count the Federal Government is spending over a billion dollars more in Calgary than in Edmonton Metro. That does not even include the future Federal commitment to a train between Calgary Airport through downtown Calgary and to Banff. calgary-banff-rail.

Bring up Alberta in the field option, sort far right by amount. Of course you need to figure which projects are in Edmonton Metro or Calgary as the website does not state the municipality.

Holy smokes. Someone needs to tell Mayor Sohi and the Liberal MPs Edmontonians voted in to represent them.
You mean of course the same Edmonton Liberal MPs that yesterday voted to allow Quebec to retain the number of seats in Parliamnet they have now - despite the Federal Electoral Commission saying Quebec should lose a seat!! That would mean other Canadians in BC, Alberta and Ontario would receive less representation because Quebec is "special". I can tell you right now I won't be voting Liberal in the next election - and I did vote for Randy Boissonnault hoping we would get a seat in Cabinet and we did. But Randy has voted to lessen the weight of my representation ... unforgivable. Trump and his ilk are using similar tactics to power up certain States and restrict voting .... the Liberals are doing just that by playing with the rights of other Canadians so they can benefit in Quebec.

By my count the Federal Government is spending over a billion dollars more in Calgary than in Edmonton Metro. That does not even include the future Federal commitment to a train between Calgary Airport through downtown Calgary and to Banff. calgary-banff-rail.

Bring up Alberta in the field option, sort far right by amount. Of course you need to figure which projects are in Edmonton Metro or Calgary as the website does not state the municipality.

You can sort by city and it adds the total up.

Calgary projects total $1.88 Billion.
Edmonton projects total $1.15 Billion.

$730 million is a big difference. And yes, that does not include Cal-Banff rail project.

$730 million is a big difference. And yes, that does not include Cal-Banff rail project.
If you scroll you will see projects for Calgary that do not state Calgary like Springbank Off-Stream Reservoir (SR1) Project which most will benefit Calgary. https://www.alberta.ca/about-springbank-off-stream-reservoir.aspx or 17th Avenue SE – BRT - Phase 2 etc. Well over a billion difference.

So this is what happens when someone on your Ignore List posts a new thread - it cannot be found in the General Discussion forum.
Also, this should be in the Politics forum.
Anyway - as you were.

Edmonton CMA or Edmonton proper?

Back