FARM | ?m | 2s

They just dropped off a C-Can for 'Dick's Tater Ship' (http://www.dickstatership.ca/) as well as another small hut that appears to be for a food vendor.

So, I assume that means whatever is happening here is not going to be so substantial that those new businesses will not be able to operate out of this location for the Spring/Summer.

Dick's is starting the much-needed street food revolution on the corner of 124th Street and 107th Avenue. The square will be developed into a curated, landscaped, public space offering several food choices and a variety of cultural activities. Facing south with loads of sun, we will be building a lovely deck with a firepit for fall evenings, shaded canopies, warm lighting and hopefully craft beer and wine services.

20210511_120603.jpg

Yes, the sign is new this week.

I assume 'The Lot' is going to be the name of the pop-up development that the person who posted above me found digging online: The square will be developed into a curated, landscaped, public space offering several food choices and a variety of cultural activities. Facing south with loads of sun, we will be building a lovely deck with a firepit for fall evenings, shaded canopies, warm lighting and hopefully craft beer and wine services.

Yes, the plan for the summer is to activate the lot with pop-up style food vendors to create a buzz and a presence on the site. The owner still intends to build our original vision when the economy permits - hopefully next spring!
Omg yes please this corner is going to be absolutely awesome with your project in the fold!!

Someone remind me and I'll grab photos quickly today of the food truck squadron.

Thanks to @Kaizen for the reminder, I was able to take this mediocre picture that shows three stunning food vendors.

124th.jpg

I was there again today and overheard some folks talking. They said they're going to landscape it a bit soon, and then as things allow, they're hoping to have live music, other performances, skateboarding, and a bunch of other stuff. And in the winter, lots of fire places for people to sit around. Cool stuff.

Back