Winspear Centre Completion Project | 29.87m | 4s | Winspear Centre | Andrew Bromberg

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Same here @Kaizen -- don't know why they blew up an excellent design unless the interior functions changed dramatically. If this turns out to be "the one", my vote will also change accordingly. Although, what appears to be a cross-laminated timber roof is an imaginative use for dramatic cantilevers and incredible clear spans -- I wish we could see more.

Yay!

C.4. Winspear Completion Project (Rezoning)
Yolana Lew - Stantec

Adam left the meeting for the evening due to a conflict with this project (9:07
pm.)

MOVED: D. Brown

Motion of Support with conditions

SECONDED: J. Mills

The Committee understands that Planning Coordination has requested the Applicant not
provide annotated elevations in the Appendices. The Committee strongly recommends
that annotated elevations be included in the Appendices, indicating materiality, to provide
certainty regarding the architectural quality of this significant project in the city centre.

CARRIED

FOR THE MOTION: R. Labonte, W. Sims, T. Antoniuk, S. Kaznacheeva, D. Brown, J.
Mills, M. Figueira, D. Deshpande

https://www.edmonton.ca/city_govern...ontonDesignCommittee_Minutes_March12_2019.pdf

Rezoning goes to Council April 29:
http://sirepub.edmonton.ca/sirepub/mtgviewer.aspx?meetid=2262&doctype=AGENDA (Items 5.1 & 5.2)

1555018708399.png

1555018645526.png1555018684243.png1555018708399.png1555018730371.png1555018756607.png

^ More visually between Canada Place and Law Courts, fronting 97 Street. I was just checking it out on Google maps when you posted, wondering the same. I feel this interaction works better than the last design, considering the street. Still need to see more, but liking it.

Permit Class Class B
Permit Date Apr 11, 2019
Status Approved
Description of Development To excavate and to construct and operate an underground parkade addition (64 vehicular parking stalls), with no development above Grade level to an existing Spectator Entertainment Establishment, and connecting an access to underground parkade through a new opening in the adjacent property (Century Place parkade) - Phase I. (Francis Winspear Centre for Music)
Address 4 - SIR WINSTON CHURCHILL SQUARE NW
Legal Description Plan 9824093 Blk 5 Lot 9
Neighbourhood DOWNTOWN
Neighbourhood Classification Central Core
Ward Ward 6
Zoning DC2, CCA

Back