Winspear Centre Completion Project | 30m | 4s | Winspear Centre | Andrew Bromberg

What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters

Daveography

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score

.crystalised.

Member Bio
Reaction score
Are you talking about the supposed third section expansion that never happened ? That would be cool.. Can't wait for Winspear !!!
There's a little model of Canada Place resting on a table in a plexiglas display case at the 10th floor elevator lobby that shows how the building was supposed to look when completed with all three sections. The northernmost section of the building was supposed to be the tallest; as it is now, it's only four stories. Nevertheless, I'm very excited for the Winspear expansion; perhaps it'll distract from the blank pink wall on the northern face of CP that isn't supposed to be there lol.

Daveography

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Permit Type Major Development Permit
Permit Class Class B
Permit Date Feb 20, 2020
Status Approved
Description of Development To construct an addition to accommodate a new storage space underground abutting the existing underground parkade addition, with no development above Grade level to an existing Spectator Entertainment Establishment (Reference: Development Permit number 286547690-002). (Francis Winspear Centre for Music)
Address 4 - SIR WINSTON CHURCHILL SQUARE NW

Daveography

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
PERMIT_DATE March 17, 2020
JOB_CATEGORY Commercial Final
ADDRESS 4 - SIR WINSTON CHURCHILL SQUARE NW
NEIGHBOURHOOD DOWNTOWN
JOB_DESCRIPTION To construct FOOTINGS AND FOUNDATIONS ONLY an underground parkade addition - Francis Winspear Centre for Music.
BUILDING_TYPE Theatre and Performing Arts Ctrs (550)
WORK_TYPE (04) Footing & Foundation
CONSTRUCTION_VALUE 5,100,000

positive1

Member Bio
Reaction score
There's a little model of Canada Place resting on a table in a plexiglas display case at the 10th floor elevator lobby that shows how the building was supposed to look when completed with all three sections. The northernmost section of the building was supposed to be the tallest; as it is now, it's only four stories. Nevertheless, I'm very excited for the Winspear expansion; perhaps it'll distract from the blank pink wall on the northern face of CP that isn't supposed to be there lol.
I'd love to see a picture of that model