Winspear Centre Completion Project | 29.87m | 4s | Winspear Centre | Andrew Bromberg

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Description: To construct a Tower crane to be used for the construction of the Francis Winspear Centre for Music Completion Project. (Permit Expires January 16, 2021 hoarding BP -016)
Permit date: November 27, 2020
Type: Building Permit
Subtype: (12) Move Building OnSite
Category: Commercial Final
Class: Temporary Structures (999)
Address: 9720 - 102 AVENUE NW
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN
Zoning: DC2
Value: $250,000.00

4EEBA24D-54DD-41B8-95DB-5814C538282F.jpeg

I'm guessing it's expansion sans district energy, which frankly should have always been a separate and independent project.
Agreed. I'm disappointed that the district energy centre was scaled down, and will only service three buildings initially. Though, I guess I should be grateful that it went ahead at all.

^^There is only three buildings initially because of the late withdrawal of the original proponent and the resulting scramble to get the project back on track. There will be a big push to connect more buildings once the plant is operational.
That's great to know thanks, you made my night! I thought that it was scaled back due to budget concerns alone, and that the plant would only be capable of servicing those buildings (hence why it is being constructed as part of the Winspear expansion). I'll certainly be keeping close tabs on this project :)

I'm so very looking forward to seeing this project be completed. Not only am I looking forward to seeing how the building interacts with the street, I am also looking forward to how the building itself is utilized. I do get to occasionally work inside the Winpear and I am very looking forward to seeing what kind of new spaces are in this expansion. I'm also very curious to see where the stage door is going to be located.

Back