Windsor Terrace | ?m | 12s | Pagaro Investments | Hodgson Schilf Evans

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Do you think if there wasn't such opposition to the original design (with the cascading levels), this project would have caught the right side of the market wave and got built?

It's a shame. I loved that original design, still can't understand why the adjacent residents were so passionately against it.

It seems a little busy, but overall I don't mind it. We work with Hodgson Schilf Evans on most of our projects and the architect behind this design has been the lead designer on many of our projects - Crawford Block, Beljan Block, Oliver Exchange, Substation 600, etc.

Sad the limbo this site has been sitting in for so long. I've been periodically documenting it - I've made two photogravures on copper plates of it so far.
Last I checked (about a month ago) there was still nothing happening at the site -

athompson_2020_asearchforbeginningsandends.jpg

looks like progress is being made

Man, reading the comments on the engagement website...those Windsor Park NIMBYs are gonna make this such a struggle. And unfortunately there is a lot of political/financial power in that neighbourhood. I truly hope Pagnotta has it in them to tough it out.

Man, reading the comments on the engagement website...those Windsor Park NIMBYs are gonna make this such a struggle. And unfortunately there is a lot of political/financial power in that neighbourhood. I truly hope Pagnotta has it in them to tough it out.
At least on this EE page the it looks like the majority of the opposition is bringing up decent points for the developer to consider, unlike the "waaaaa too many rental people in our neighborhood!!" comments we've seen for T5M Connect 🙄

Though the comments may be portrayed as criticism of the height or something arbitrary like that, the underlying sentiment is ultimately the same. They want their neighbourhood to remain as unaffordable for everyone else as possible. It's that same old sense of entitlement - these people are just a bit better at hiding it.

It's just so hilarious(ly sad) that these folks choose to live in a neighborhood adjacent to the largest university within 800 km of any direction--you know, a place where tens of thousands of people from out of the city/province/country attend and/or work at that requires a lot of temporary rental space--then get upset about there being more rental space being built?

I can generally empathize with NIMBYism to a very small extent, but the irony of this seems all but lost on these folks

Back