Bateman Lands Mid-Rise | 34m | 8s | Bateman Properties | Next Architecture

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Some notes from the EDC presentation yesterday:
  • New project name is 1932 by Bateman
  • Tower heights are:
    • East 15s 54m
    • West 18s 63m
  • 5 ground-oriented units in west tower, four facing 89 Ave, one facing laneway
  • East tower podium mainly commercial
  • Woonerf between the towers, vehicles allowed for dropping off, etc, but primarily designed for pedestrians
  • Intent to have cafe in southwest corner of west tower, with patio that extends toward woonerf
  • New trees along 99 St, retain trees along 89 Ave
  • Wider sidewalks than exist today
  • In talks to secure cafe, wine bar, and grocery tenants (currently in talks with a grocer out of Calgary - Sunterra?)
  • Indoor bridge connecting the two towers and their amenity spaces for residents over the woonerf
  • Third-floor amenity space on podium roof to include playground and community gardens
  • Rooftop amenity on 18th floor of west tower
  • West faces of towers to be brick with a gradient from dark to light as it goes up
  • Windows on west face have been offset to provide more visual interest
  • Sequencing will be parkade, east tower, then west tower (intention is to build as single phase)
Should have some more info and hopefully images soon.

@Nosirrah Indeed it is.

I actually just got back from a coffee with Michael Bateman who was more than happy to chat with me about the project. Got some new details and will hopefully have some new renders to share soon.

I'll hold onto a few of the details for a story, but ONE Properties is no longer involved, and the new partner / project manager is Pangman. On timelines, it sounds like they are looking at starting abatement and demolition this month, and a sales centre opening in mid-June. Optimistically they are looking at a construction start next spring. I also got clarification on the sequencing and it sounds like they are aiming to have both towers go up at virtually the same time.

After seeing it at EDC and hearing from Michael, I've bumped my vote up to Like it a Lot.

Last edited:
Great to hear Dave! Pangman has a strong track record with quality projects (Augustana, Enbridge, J22 (to an extent)) so glad a reputable partner is taking over from ONE. DId Michael say if they are going full condo, full rental, or a mix?

Great news. Sounds like the West face is a big improvement, as is a tenant mix reaching out to a grocer. I'm uping my vote on this project as well. The Woonerf alley treatment is a great idea.

Latest renders courtesy Mike Bateman. Story tomorrow.
MOZp3vBw.jpeg

2019-04-22 1932 By Bateman - EDC Report-19.jpg

2019-04-22 1932 By Bateman - EDC Report-1.jpg2019-04-22 1932 By Bateman - EDC Report-84.jpg2019-04-22 1932 By Bateman - EDC Report-85.jpg2019-04-22 1932 By Bateman - EDC Report-119.jpgMOZp3vBw.jpeg2019-04-22 1932 By Bateman - EDC Report-19.jpg

Amenity spaces:

vFoVo6Xw.jpeg

5NuuMvQw.jpegaOA0gPZZ.pngbYT8uyog.jpegFSvOkUdA.jpegrW6TAdew.jpeguI0lSpLe.pngvFoVo6Xw.jpeg

Panorama from the height of the west tower:
210Ft_Panorama.jpg

Attachments

• 3pcTMO1Q.jpeg
    3pcTMO1Q.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 580

Back