West Block | 60.35m | 16s | Beaverbrook | GEC

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think they will build the other two towers when the LRT is complete. I can see this complex being a smaller Century Park catering for people who want to live near downtown. Only thing is these New towers will make the old Crescent Place condo building look really run down.

It will be a bit of a weird day for me when they demolish the La Roma apartments which sits on the northwest part of the site. I lived there for a couple of years, about 9 or 10 years ago. Owners were weird, but it was a good place to live. I really enjoyed bike commuting through MacKinnon and River Valley Road.

Did anyone else notice the dinosaur in the Google Maps aerial that @KyleBlanchett posted or am I trippin?

Permit Type Major Development Permit
Permit Class Not Available
Permit Date May 30, 2019
Status Approved
Description of Development To change the use from General Retail Stores to Minor Alcohol Sales and to construct interior alterations (Glenora Fine Wines and Spirits).
Address 190, 14101 - WEST BLOCK DRIVE NW
Legal Description Plan 1722226 Blk 101 Lot 26
Neighbourhood GLENORA
Neighbourhood Classification Mature
Ward Ward 6
Zoning DC2, DC2

These folks did exactly what they said they were going to do when they took over the in-the-ditch condo project. Kudos for not resurrecting the former design and; in patchwork fashion, bringing it about. They completely erased the slate and headed out in a different direction with a very well thought out street plan (although I am saddened that a bank is going to occupy valuable street-level space and thereby destroy some of the Retail/Hospitality connectivity). I am excited for them to carry on through phases two and three!

Back