West Block | 60.35m | 16s | Beaverbrook | GEC

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Looks like one of the future towers sites has been temporarily paved for parking now that LRT construction is going to take out the spots out front for the next 5 years (**insert your own delayed timeline joke here)

20220930_131114.jpg

Looks like one of the future towers sites has been temporarily paved for parking now that LRT construction is going to take out the spots out front for the next 5 years (**insert your own delayed timeline joke here)

View attachment 429942
Those front spots aren't coming back, to my understanding. LRT will be occupying that spot.

Heard from someone involved that this underachieved in sales and that future phases are being reviewed as to product type, positioning and overall strategy.

Not really surprising given the $/sqft, but it looks great and once LRT is there (and construction completed) it will be more attractive to more people.

Heard from someone involved that this underachieved in sales and that future phases are being reviewed as to product type, positioning and overall strategy.

Not really surprising given the $/sqft, but it looks great and once LRT is there (and construction completed) it will be more attractive to more people.
Lots of 1.2-3.5m units. Tough to sell when those same prices get you a nice house 2mins south with no condo fees locked in and a yard if you wanted that.

Beautiful units, but a lot were super pricey

I regularly speak with former colleagues, friends and counterparts back in Edmonton and often inquire about projects they are involved with; so yes, they have a name.

That's not new news bud. They've said the commercial has performed better than the condos. They were positioning the next phases to be rental pre-2020.

Not saying it is, but in light of the new parking lot it deserved a mention.

View attachment 429942
Surface parking doesn't bother me when it is done right, like this. I also don't blame them as this parking is quite important for their commercial tenants and will be even more important when the LRT construction creates some temporary disruptions along Stony Plain Rd. Access to 'easy' parking is key even when it's paid.

View attachment 429942
Impark is NOT Temporary this is now a Permanent parking lot and is now owned by Impark Corporation

Back