Walterdale Bridge Replacement | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton | DIALOG

A couple of Shots from Sunday morning
BW1.jpg
BW2.jpg

No this looks like a licenced event. BW cross was cleaned up and gone in under an hour. No major issues as for as we know. I know there was some grooving at the top of that hill but was raked out. This looks like a new even. Plus you can't really see any wear on the hillside.

^ I like the idea - such a scenic spot.
Imagine being able to take the Gondola down to watch the screenings and then head to downtown or Whyte Avenue to celebrate Canada's wins!

I wonder if the games will be played on the plaza screens in Ice District.

^ I like the idea - such a scenic spot.
Imagine being able to take the Gondola down to watch the screenings and then head to downtown or Whyte Avenue to celebrate Canada's wins!

I wonder if the games will be played on the plaza screens in Ice District.
Likely. They have what is called the FIFA Fan Fest, which is the official festival and screening of all of the local national team matches (and all of the local matches) in a big plaza or so, in all cities involved in the tournament, most major cities in the host country and some other cities spread across the world.
It has food trucks, live music, thematic festival games, etc...
I can picture it spanning from Ice District Plaza to Churchill, if it were to meet the size I've seen in other cities in 2014 and 2018.

Back