Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

So we are left to speculate about opening dates based on various other things. Supposedly it is close to completion, but yet for some reason they still can't give us a date.

Yes, total incompetence!

So we are left to speculate about opening dates based on various other things. Supposedly it is close to completion, but yet for some reason they still can't give us a date.

Yes, total incompetence!
My guess is that the lack of a date has more to do with the previous failures, and them wanting to save face, than anything else.

I'm curious what everyone else been spotting for LRV testing the last 2 days.
Personally, I've seen nothing at Mill Woods TC the past 2 days, and today I was right at the station for 15-20 minutes and saw nothing.
Just wondering if it's the whole line with minimal activity or just way down here.

1015 at 41st Ave in testing.
Couple others (1001 & 1022) at the yards at that wicked S curve. Nothing else spotted to argyll road

Midweek
IMG_20230517_163640110.jpg
IMG_20230517_163408785_MP.jpg

IMG_20230517_163139287.jpg

The problem for the public not having a date gives a sense that it isn't anywhere close.
I get they have been burned on this, so are reluctant to put forth dates, but it also gives a sense of lack of confidence or competence.

Businesses near the LRT can't plan because they have no date to work with, LRT users can't really plan either. There is no transparency, just confusion. No one really seems to know what is going on, just a lot of speculation.

Rust developing on the rails at 31 Ave- trains have definitely not been running to Mill Woods TC for the past 3-4 says now.

Back