Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

My guess it could the third phase of the four rounds of testing (double trains), unless some phases are concurrent.

It seems like more testing lately, perhaps that is a good sign. In the absence of dates, you kind of have to read the tea leaves and try guess when this thing will be up and running.

I really hope they are going to be adjusting some light timings for this thing to actually run efficiently. I saw a 2 car train depart the MWTC stop as I was driving NB 66 street. Train had to stop before crossing 28 Ave to wait for the light, we get the green light and the train crosses, just to get stopped at the fire hall intersection, we get the green light, and then the train has to stop at 31 Ave due to the traffic lights before entering the Grey Nuns stop. You would think once the train got the light at 28 Ave it should have been good all the way into the Grey Nuns stop, same as departing Grey Nuns - it should be good into the Woodvale stop.

Really hoping they are going to be making some adjustments or no one is going to want to ride the thing. They've already made a mess of traffic anyways - just give the dang thing priority and at least make it efficient!

I wonder if the ‘R’ (request) light, usually at a station, would trigger the lights/train signals at nearby intersections.

8E712756-5537-47F9-9C2C-3D915041CDFB.jpeg
29E5C234-3099-44B1-B9A1-8432E960B1BD.jpeg

Just a quick question, how long ago did TransEd claim to have completed pier repairs?

Then why are there so many piers wrapped up? What's going on, even more damage/repairs?

Could be the want to five them a 56-day stress test and leave the wrap up incase there are more stress fissures.

Could be the want to five them a 56-day stress test and leave the wrap up incase there are more stress fissures.
They took some of the hoarding down and then put it back up again. The ones in the middle of 75 street at Davies station for example. These metal contraption they have at the base of the V looks hideous IMHO (for the brief amount of time it was exposed before being covered back up again).

I have no issue theorizing that they spoke too soon and certain piers are not sufficiently repaired

Back