Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

I don't miss the white residue, but the CaCl worked well... unless you were metal or a brick.

^

“Recently we began implementing a change requested by our engineers. Over the next 2-3 weeks, we will complete the installation of minor steel reinforcement they requested on ten previously unrepaired piers. ... The added reinforcement is to ensure the elevated tracks can support larger trains in the future, if necessary, and in the most severe weather conditions. Similar additional minor reinforcement is also being added to seven previously repaired piers. ... As of January 20, 2023 the addition of minor steel reinforcement is over 50% complete.”

say what???

The stations can't handle longer trains, nor can the city blocks downtown. What do they mean by larger trains? Are the Valley line West trains going to be that much heavier?
That’s what I was thinking. The line might be able to handle higher frequency but the entire line is designed for 3 car trains.

Wtf is even going on with this project?

1674263013407.png

I wonder if this intersection should have yellow railway warning signs like 95 Ave/85 St. Otherwise, how can people ignore a traffic light.

Is there one of those light up No Right Turn Train signs there? I drive through there almost every day and I don't remember now. I don't think there is as SB traffic can't go when there is a train either so I'm thinking it's just a red light.

Some number of accidents between these trains and people using other modes of transport. Obviously would love for it to be zero but not realistic when running a streetcar. To be fair incidents can and have occurred with our current system but just less due to crossing arms and more separation from other types of traffic. Getting used to something new doesn’t help either.

As for the frankenpiers in this valley line it is just getting terribly sad.

I guess the car was turning right from 83 Street southbound. This intersection does not allow a right turn on a red light. Furthermore, there's an LED sign warning about a train, with no right turn. This is a tough lesson for the driver.

Back