Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

The two pillars south of Argyll have had hoarding erected around them in the last week. Wonder if those are cracked again too? There was also a concrete saw being run inside some hoarding on the north side of Argyll too yesterday when I was driving home.

How long before Transed actually admits what is going on?

What an absolute cluster.

I cannot imagine the forthcoming litigation, costs to correct and future costs that are borne by the consortium for three decades.

My lord.
Who wants to bet that TransEd is structured to have as little exposure as possible to the individual partners if the consortium goes into default over this project?

for what it's worth, this looks like water ingress as opposed to a structural deficiency; so hopefully it will be an easier fix, assuming they caught it early enough?
This whole line was not designed for our climate at all. I was downtown tonight, and saw a crew clearing snow on 102 ave west of 96 street. the ROW is so narrow they had to shut down the car lane (complete with flagger redirecting traffic) so a guy with a shovel could pull snow down away from the glass railings into the road, where a skidsteer was picking it up. the resulting pile was blocking the entire lane in the meantime as they got the job done. it looked like brutally tedious work.
Idk, i worry what this line will look like in 10 years, as more and more of these poorly designed details start becoming too cumbersome to maintain, or fail outright.

for what it's worth, this looks like water ingress as opposed to a structural deficiency; so hopefully it will be an easier fix, assuming they caught it early enough?
This whole line was not designed for our climate at all. I was downtown tonight, and saw a crew clearing snow on 102 ave west of 96 street. the ROW is so narrow they had to shut down the car lane (complete with flagger redirecting traffic) so a guy with a shovel could pull snow down away from the glass railings into the road, where a skidsteer was picking it up. the resulting pile was blocking the entire lane in the meantime as they got the job done. it looked like brutally tedious work.
Idk, i worry what this line will look like in 10 years, as more and more of these poorly designed details start becoming too cumbersome to maintain, or fail outright.
Snow removal all down 83 street is a gong show too. There is no where to put the snow from the road - push it to the right and it's on the sidewalks, push it to the left and it's in the right away.

Don't get me started on all the landscaping that's going to have to be replaced every year because the road salt is going to kill it all due them piling windrows on top of it.

Cliffopotamus, I think TransEd needs your smarts.

Snow removal all down 83 street is a gong show too. There is no where to put the snow from the road - push it to the right and it's on the sidewalks, push it to the left and it's in the right away.

Don't get me started on all the landscaping that's going to have to be replaced every year because the road salt is going to kill it all due them piling windrows on top of it.
My sentiments exactly! Hope they have a large landscaping budget every year or else this will not age well…..

One of the south Tawatina bridge piers has it's hoarding removed, but the other two don't, and have been that way for a long time now. I do wonder if those two also have something wrong with them that has yet to be fixed.

Back