Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

I thought I had seen the last diesel fueled heaters in my neighborhood for VLSE work. Yet, there they were, 4 of them, after TransEd dug up and redid concrete at 4 corners of the Mill Woods stop.

Waiting for the announcement for the 66 street north and southbound reduced to a single lane due to enhanced sidewalk replacement - I swear the middle of that intersection drops at least 6 inches where as it should probably be crowned that much.
I should have waited before my last post... just a few minutes until I got to 31 Ave...
PicA.jpeg

There was such a hole in the middle of that intersection - it would have been cheaper to just put in a storm drain I think. I'd wager the sidewalk was 6 inches lower at the median than it was at the curb. After all the time they spent trying to figure out how to make the NB and SB lanes of 66 street meet at the intersection (NB lanes were way higher when they were reconstructed as part of the project) they still botched it. @EdwardEdm how long was that intersection closed for while they tried to figured that debacle out - it was almost 2 years wasn't it?

LRT
● Valley Line Southeast
○ The project is delayed as TransEd finalizes a repair design for the piers.
○ TransEd is fully responsible for all repairs, including all costs.

● Valley Line West
○ Construction is well underway.
○ Crews spent most of 2022 preparing two key areas: Lewis Farms Storage
Facility & Transit Centre and the area along 87 Avenue that will be home to an elevated guideway near West Edmonton Mall and the Misericordia Hospital.

After months of no trains on the Millwoods portion of the line 1006 and 1013 were in the Woodvale/38 Ave station this morning. This afternoon they were parked north of the station this afternoon on the way home from work. Hopefully they might finally have the signaling issues and whatever else worked out? Not like they can really go anywhere with all the cracked piers though.

So I got a response from the city of Edmonton to my inquiry about when the Churchill connector will open. To my dismay they stated: "The Churchill Connector street-level access is intended to open when the Valley Line Southeast opens to passengers"
So in other words despite the space being potentially ready, that entrance will be closed indefinitely. I don't understand the logic.

Why can't they open the north entrance to Churchill Square and keep the south entrance closed until the Valley Line LRT line finally opens?
Or does that make too much sense for the COE?

Back