Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Any hard surface near or around a garbage can in this town is just gonna end up a disaster! Drove down Whyte late on the weekend BEFORE the garbage truck came through…whewwww! The volume of spilled slurpee and other drink cup fluids around a garbage can was an immediate 25 foot circumference catchment area of all spillage

Will be interesting to see how far along in construction the West leg is able to get before the South portion opens
At this rate, maybe the West leg will be completed and open before the Valley Line. Just waiting for them to discover the next screw up on it and further delay it.

I noticed that the train testing (north of Davies station) is broken down into downtown and Muttart-Avonmore. Is there still work to do on the tunnel?

The tunnel has not been fully commissioned yet. Are they still storing the train on the bridge? They could be allowing trains to travel through the tunnel supervised.

Storing it on the bridge? I thought they were storing it at Muttart

I think it's more of getting back to normal than a surge but I can tell you for sure way more people are taking the LRT this year than last year, hard to even get on some mornings it's so full.
This is great to hear. Traffic is bad again, so people are still seeing the value of transit. If we can keep growing this ridership, safety issues will diminish significantly. I think this vindicates everyone who said keep building transit during the pandemic.

Saw a genie man lift over on the east side of 75 street by the pillars there too. Wonder if they are worried about those ones now as well? Would be nice if we got some info out of CoE or Transed on what the heck is happening.

Saw a genie man lift over on the east side of 75 street by the pillars there too. Wonder if they are worried about those ones now as well? Would be nice if we got some info out of CoE or Transed on what the heck is happening.
That lift was progressing North to South all week. It was North of the station Monday and then South of it by Wednesday. Probably started further North than I saw last week.

Back