Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Churchill Connector - preview from underground level

20220917_171416.jpg

20220917_171436.jpg

^^ The stairs and escalator would be a direct exit from Churchill Station. It would also save having to cut through the Citadel or Winspear to get to the LRT.

What a joke as always. They post this on September 19, after they started the work the evening of September 18. Yep. A Sunday night.

"There will be noise associated with this work to saw cut and remove the concrete and replace with new coloured concrete."

They forgot to mention that TransEd was bringing out their favorite tool... the jackhammer! After being tipped off the jackhammers were out Sunday night I went and took a look at things today.

DSC09732.jpgDSC09730.jpg
I really hoped I had seen the last of a TransEd detour sign, but alas, there it was.

PXL_20220919_180819417.jpg
They also managed not to finish off the sidewalk so people can reach the walk button on one corner. I'm 6'2" and that was a reach to push the walk button.

This may be Calgary, but I believe that Edmonton is also having a surge in LRT ridership:
I think it's more of getting back to normal than a surge but I can tell you for sure way more people are taking the LRT this year than last year, hard to even get on some mornings it's so full.

I think it's more of getting back to normal than a surge but I can tell you for sure way more people are taking the LRT this year than last year, hard to even get on some mornings it's so full.
I'm guessing here, but it could be related to the fact that people are looking to cut costs (since everything is getting more expensive, including gas)

Back