Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

They were storing a train at muttart station. Guess they could store a couple in the tunnels as well
I go through DT daily, past the tracks and Tawatina Bridge. I almost never see any LRVs. I think they might be storing them in the tunnel. They were at Muttart for a while but I haven't seen them recently, odd given at least one is apparently stranded. The tunnel would be more secure.
Henry the Green Engine
I kinda hope one is in the tunnel.

Probably will not be replacement but with see some steel collars on most of them if not all of them. What I am hearing its an expansion joint or a missing component that was not caught in the shop drawing phase. (But that is 3rd party talk).

Going to look like poo if this is the type of collar you speak of. Looks like old teeth braces..
jacketing-collars-concrete-column-beams.jpg

IMO there's no such thing as too much testing
From what I was told, there was a bunch of stuff not ready. Signalling was still not satisfactory, the tunnel was still not fully commissioned, deficiencies at the stations. They could've worked around some of that to open the line like but it would've been Metro Line all over again. The structural problems however are unavoidable.

So another year to avoid making fare paying passengers and motorists guinea pigs is not a bad thing at all.

So another year to avoid making fare paying passengers and motorists guinea pigs is not a bad thing at all.
But they are making the motorists and pedestrians guinea pigs as they drive back and forth on the same old section of track. Living next to that same old section of track as they go back and forth empty is getting quite annoying.

In other news I did see car 1023 running at Bonnie Doon today so there is at least one car stranded north of Davies. I did notice there is a 8.5x11 sheet of paper taped to the barricades at the north end of the elevated section, however I couldn't read what it said as I drove by on my way home from work today.

But they are making the motorists and pedestrians guinea pigs as they drive back and forth on the same old section of track. Living next to that same old section of track as they go back and forth empty is getting quite annoying.

In other news I did see car 1023 running at Bonnie Doon today so there is at least one car stranded north of Davies. I did notice there is a 8.5x11 sheet of paper taped to the barricades at the north end of the elevated section, however I couldn't read what it said as I drove by on my way home from work today.
talked to the guy operating 1023 at Bonnie Doon this evening, actually. there are 2 cars stranded North of the cracks, 1023 and, if i recall correctly, 1022. Testing is still going, quote "24/7". they have no idea when it will be opening, there is repair work happening along the line, including repairs to some of the non-structural concrete and stations. Muttart is closed for maintenance work, so is the Southern tunnel portal. I'm betting 1023 is stuck South of the river, and the other car is stuck in downtown for the time being.
For what it's worth, the signals around Bonnie Doon were working properly. No flaggers present or needed. I was at the intersection/entrance to Bonnie Doon pool trying to kitty-corner-cross to the SUP, and the lights all went red for 15-20 seconds, then WOOSH out of nowhere the train came through.The operator i spoke to said they were all working well (1023 was running back and forth from Bonnie Doon to Muttart all evening, I saw it doing so as I made my way back across the river). He did report a LOT of issues with drivers and pedestrians ignoring signals and controls, forcing a lot of Emergency Brake use. The train has no problem with Connors Hill though!
Also, I asked where they keep the trains. he said his (1023) is getting parked at Strathearn or Hollyrood every evening, and the other IS GETTING STORED IN THE TUNNEL. His words, not me inferring. I wanna get photo confirmation of that, but, like. yeah, that's happening apparently.

Back