Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

It'll be worth it in the long run! To think, we'll finally have an LRT going to West Ed; not only a busy mall, but a busy transit center as well. This is long overdue.

The LRT to WEM should have been built 40 YEARS AGO!!! That's how long it took a fair number of municipal, provincial and federal governments to dither over this.

Last edited:
97ave to 142street, then through glenora to 102ave is the bike route I use. It’s supper fast. 15-20mins to downtown from west of 149. Then 107ave for driving is great too. But yeah, traffic will be rough for a while. I don’t mind the bridge bottlenecks though. Encourages alternative modes.

speaking of bike routes... 102 AVE IS FINALLY OPEN!!!!!
unnamed-11.jpgunnamed-12.jpgunnamed-13.jpg
fences are moved over from the sidewalk, so they now just block off the tracks (where they ought to have been all winter, but i digress) so you can move laterally from sidewalk to bike lane to car lane. there's construction barriers at the ends, which look new, but access is completely clear mid-block so i figured it was open enough to use.
It's nice to get this one little bit of infra back. I just hope we get a bit of time with the new lane open and continuous with the old lane, before it turns into a construction zone too.

Yup. Needs bright green paint or bollards at the beginning and end of each block.
Yes, it looks very nice being all open, but you need something big at the ends so people don't drive there.

I have seen several people recently drive down the bike lane on 106 St and Jasper. It does have the green paint and sticks, but the problem is people are used to turning into the right most lane and it is wide enough for a vehicle.

I think people get confused and don't process the signage - especially people who are not used to driving downtown or maybe from out of town.

My new wheels 🔥🚊🔥
E785E6D7-F9A4-436A-8FC5-EE9B4F38E217.jpeg

42901B32-0FE1-431E-9F39-E1137BBA3F04.jpeg

C2D6CEC4-A5E1-4E37-960D-3B26113E43AB.jpeg

Saw one LRT train near Whitemud and another LRT station parked at the Strathearn station this afternoon. Speaking of, the Strathearn station has been partially boarded up for many months - just wondering if this will be completed soon?

Back