Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Oof that’s bad. Out of date from day 1. Really embarrassing tbh. Whoever made the call… sheesh.

Why would we not stick to wood and glass? Why the need for ugly turquoise. Matching new stuff to old, bad stuff is not how it’s supposed to be done..

Now first of all the color isn't turquoise it is seafoam green -- and it is one of the hottest new colors in architecture for the current run (and we wonder why Edmontonians are out of touch with design sensibilities).

I agree with the criticism over the transit connector and the Milner, but calling the AGA building an architectural blunder does not make absolutely ANY sense to me. It is probably one of the best examples of good architecture in the city!
The art gallery was definitely a good concept with poor execution in terms of materials.

Similar to the Milner Library, this city has a record of building gaudy designs without considering how much architectural excellence comes purely from nuanced use of materials and context.

Now first of all the color isn't turquoise it is seafoam green -- and it is one of the hottest new colors in architecture for the current run (and we wonder why Edmontonians are out of touch with design sensibilities).
I could care less if its seafood green it is "out of place" and we know you understand what out of place means in the context of the built form in the square. It simply is out of place and the design is lacking, You prefaced your remark with "first of all" .... did you lose your train of thought about what you wanted to say secondly?

I could care less if its seafood green it is "out of place" and we know you understand what out of place means in the context of the built form in the square. It simply is out of place and the design is lacking, You prefaced your remark with "first of all" .... did you lose your train of thought about what you wanted to say secondly?
Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 8.24.36 AM.png
Did you miss the "and" in my comment, if what follows that has to be prefaced by "and second of all" then Ross Shep really needs some educational upgrades.

I hear that City Council is considering an extension to the upcoming Lewis Farms Rec Centre and Library.
In for a penny, in for a pound. May as well, it'll only cost double to do the extension once construction of the current VLW spread is completed in 2032.

Back