Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

This actually captures the 102 Avenue Valley Line corridor somewhat nicely.

FBQwM0RVcAMxB3c

Houston, you have a problem:

Regretfully, I see similar instances in Edmonton and Area. I don't ride a bike, but I do walk when I work downtown. One time I had to get off a bus on 86 Street to get to a business past 91 Street on 63 Avenue. The last few blocks in winter (at 5:30 pm) were next to impossible to navigate. There were no sidewalks, and there was a creek to cross. Downright dangerous.

Last edited:
Houston, you have a problem:

Regretfully, I see similar instances in Edmonton and Area. I don't ride a bike, but I do walk when I work downtown. One time I had to get off a bus on 86 Street to get to a business past 91 Street on 63 Avenue. The last few blocks in winter (at 5:30 pm) were next to impossible to navigate. There were no sidewalks, and there was a creek to cross. Downright dangerous.
Not that he would care but I wish Mike Nickel would see this video.

So I took my daily inspection drive of the Valley line from Davies Station to MTC stop. On one side it appears that things are getting closer to completion. On the other hand I have this real sense of frustration seeing all the tiny pockets of incomplete work. From little bits of sidewalk (especially at crosswalks) left at bare dirt to little sections of landscaping not even touched while only feet away it is done. Everywhere here and there patches of asphalt needing its final layer (which I might add has been like that for months in some cases)
Also areas that were complete I thought are being jackhammered up again to either pour a concrete pad for bus stops, or incomplete utility work, etc.. There are fences, construction barricades and pylons everywhere. There are two intersections that appear complete but have been kept blocked and the traffic lights left covered.
Can someone please tell me is this supposed to be like this, is this the new normal? On all the other LRT sites I've observed over the years from Health Sciences and McKernan/Belgravia to the Metro line everything seemed to have a natural visual progression, but on the Valley line it has appeared way more disorganized. The workers seem to be working hard but in so many parts of this section of the line I only seem to see work for awhile and then the workers disappear to work elsewhere with still 5 to 10% work left to be done where they just were.
Honestly I'm very doubtful that all the curbs and landscaping and roadwork and sidewalks and whatever else that needs to be done will be completed this year.

Drove through Connor's road for the first time in awhile. Gotta say, they did a great job of that leg of the Valley Line.

Back