Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Confirmation that Valley Line West will use different LRVs from the East:

Shortlisted are:
  • Construcciones Y Auxiliar De Ferrocarriles, S.A. (CAF Group)
  • Hyundai Rotem Company
  • Siemens Mobility Ltd.
https://www.edmonton.ca/documents/t...n_VLW_LRV_Procurement_Shortlist_March2021.pdf
The bulletin states that 'The LRVs will provide bidirectional, articulated, low-floor service that is compatible with both stages of the Valley Line, ensuring a seamless rider experience.'

Doesn't that statement mean that if you get on a LRV at Mill Woods Town Centre, you will not need to get off until you reach your destination at Lewis Farms?

The bulletin states that 'The LRVs will provide bidirectional, articulated, low-floor service that is compatible with both stages of the Valley Line, ensuring a seamless rider experience.'

Doesn't that statement mean that if you get on a LRV at Mill Woods Town Centre, you will not need to get off until you reach your destination at Lewis Farms?
I'd imagine so, like how the capital and metro lines have two different LRVs (the U2 and SD-160).

Of course! Why split up the two segments? You do not need to make a forced transfer in Downtown Edmonton if you want to get to Lewis Farms from the other end of the line.

I'm glad to hear that they shortlisted those companies for the procurement, but I hope that the vehicles we get will be oriented for higher capacity and will be able to reach that 80kph speed like the flexities.

Back