Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

So, in case anyone else is still intrigued by the replacement viaduct saga, These are the two sections by Wagner Road being replaced (not including the section farther South by 75th street, which hasn't moved yet). NGL I thought it would be the one over the road itself, not beside it.
IMG_9836.JPG

Also, I looked around a bit (as much as one can without meandering into the site of course) and I couldn't find the old sections. the new ones were where they were formed still, one was on the red lift machine already, but no sign that i could see of the old sections. Now I really gotta know where they hid those ones lol.

So, in case anyone else is still intrigued by the replacement viaduct saga, These are the two sections by Wagner Road being replaced (not including the section farther South by 75th street, which hasn't moved yet). NGL I thought it would be the one over the road itself, not beside it.
View attachment 278739
Also, I looked around a bit (as much as one can without meandering into the site of course) and I couldn't find the old sections. the new ones were where they were formed still, one was on the red lift machine already, but no sign that i could see of the old sections. Now I really gotta know where they hid those ones lol.
They know you are onto them.

Now I really gotta know where they hid those ones lol.

Would be neat if they could be repurposed somewhere. Could make a great addition to a skatepark if shaped into a halfpipe.

Bring it on!

Bulletin
October, 29 2020
City of Edmonton - Valley Line West LRT Project
The City of Edmonton has selected a Preferred Proponent in accordance with Request for
Proposal No. 932410 for the Design, Build, Finance of the Valley Line West Light Rail Transit
Project.
The Preferred Proponent is Marigold Infrastructure Partners a consortium consisting of:
● Colas Infrastructure Canada GP;
● Parsons Inc.;
● Standard General Inc.;
● Francl Architecture Inc.;
● Fast + EPP; and
● Stantec.

HELL YEAH WEST LRT YESYESYES
much less exciting, but the new viaduct segments are in, I wish them many happy years of successful holding-up-of-trains.
IMG_9855.JPG
Also, the caternary lines are going in along 95 Ave. I went by today and they were pulling them through BY HAND. idk i thought there was some kind of winch or something. so this section is almost done!

Bring it on!

Bulletin
October, 29 2020
The City of Edmonton has selected a Preferred Proponent in accordance with Request for
Proposal No. 932410 for the Design, Build, Finance of the Valley Line West Light Rail Transit
Project.
The Preferred Proponent is Marigold Infrastructure Partners a consortium consisting of:
● Parsons Inc.;
● Standard General Inc.;
● Fast + EPP; and
● Stantec.
Just made my day!!!!!!!

Bring it on!

Bulletin
October, 29 2020
Project.
● Parsons Inc.;
● Standard General Inc.;
● Fast + EPP; and
● Stantec.

Let's get those shovels in the ground!

Bring it on!

Bulletin
October, 29 2020
Project.
● Parsons Inc.;
● Standard General Inc.;
● Fast + EPP; and
● Stantec.
So these companies represent the designers and builders of the West line? Are any the same as the south line?

Back