Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

@Kaizen -- 2 things (and first I must complement you on exceptional photogs) -- 1. the pedestrian bridge in the first series is one of the most beautiful pedestrian bridges that I have seen anywhere -- delicate forms that sweep across the river valley landscape and complement an exceptional curvilinear LRT base -- BEAUTIFUL! (now we're talkin') -- who would have thunk that transportation elements could be so influential to the urban landscape! 2. On the second "afterthought" those are definitely "soil nails" for bank stabilization (essentially reinforced concrete emplantments into the hillside) eventually covered with hillside plantings that, if done with some imagination, could turn a "scar" into an aesthetic statement that "talks" to the viewer. Lord, the possibilities here for exceptionalism are exceptional!

Wow, photos don't do justice to how imposing the station is from 75 Street.

View attachment 249242

The trees they've started to put in on 75th st. really make an impact, too. Even though the area is mostly industrial it doesn't have to be ugly. Wish the city would do more median trees in other areas like 111 ave. because I think it would make a noticeable difference.

Things are really starting to take shape in front of the milner (Screenshot from: https://www.epl.ca/milner-library/). Also, I recently asked TransEd about construction on 102 avenue and approximate timelines. Got the below response:

"We expect that 102 Ave will remain closed through to the end of this year, at minimum, to allow for Electrical and Instrumentation works safe access. Once that work is completed, then we can work on repaving and finishing up bike lanes, etc. "

1591555712902.png

@KyleBlanchett Would you know if those signs are still salvageable? They would for sure be a welcome addition to the Neon Sign Museum!

The only problem is trying to find a spot to put the western cycle sign. It was my understanding that they wanted all of the letters as well as the guy on the bike. The Neon museum is running out of room. We have a couple of signs that we haven't started refurbishing yet that are going to go up, and a couple of signs that were a bit small to go up displayed in our shop.
1592229527644.png
1592229544331.png

Back