Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

There seems to be a real logjam of traffic on Connors Road (at 4:30 pm) every Tuesday. I wonder what’s causing it.

This morning

B1B9ED18-6B12-42D5-8749-6880FA30516A.jpeg

00D4024A-03F0-470E-A9B9-F337C4EB1F00.jpeg

Amen. I have been working around Muttart and it's absolutely non-stop with trains going through.

Wait, what the heck? when did a mockup for the new LRVs get delivered?! I WANNA SEE

thanks for sharing this. these interiors look like a spaceship. i worry about some of the lights and screens getting vandalized/freezing/failing prematurely, but these are pretty slick trains! Hopefully they are as reliable as the Flexities. Is this model/chassis in use anywhere else? it looks like Hyundai Rotem delivered LRVs to Warsaw, but idk if that's the same model or not.

Wait, what the heck? when did a mockup for the new LRVs get delivered?! I WANNA SEE

thanks for sharing this. these interiors look like a spaceship. i worry about some of the lights and screens getting vandalized/freezing/failing prematurely, but these are pretty slick trains! Hopefully they are as reliable as the Flexities. Is this model/chassis in use anywhere else? it looks like Hyundai Rotem delivered LRVs to Warsaw, but idk if that's the same model or not.

Anyone else foresee problems with two different trainsets from two different manufacturers running on the same line?
I mean to be fair, the Capital Line has ran two different trainsets of entirely differently models seemingly OK now for a decade and a half.

I mean to be fair, the Capital Line has ran two different trainsets of entirely differently models seemingly OK now for a decade and a half.
Yes but both trainsets on the Capital and Metro Line (U2 and SD-160) are Siemens products so you're only dealing with one manufacturer. And besides, Calgary was already doing it successfully before Edmonton did: they introduced the SD-160s on their LRT alongside the U2s before we did on ours. By contrast nobody to my knowledge is running both Bombardier and Hyundai Rotem low-floor trains on the same line.

Even Ottawa, which has had nothing but problems with their Alstom Citadis Spirit trains, ordered more for Stage 2 of the Confederation Line in order to ensure commonality.

Back