Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

April 4 is one week from now.

Also, I've tried turning right on green at 28 Ave Westbound, and traffic is sometimes slow at the fire station/Petrocan intersection one block north. I agree, drivers can be sitting ducks at that intersection.

If the internet is not lying today (not that the internet has ever had a lie published on it), for the SRC meetup on the 6th I vote we have the meetup on a new low floor LRT car. I'll even smuggle a handle of booze in for us.

If the internet is not lying today (not that the internet has ever had a lie published on it), for the SRC meetup on the 6th I vote we have the meetup on a new low floor LRT car. I'll even smuggle a handle of booze in for us.
Man if the 4th was the actual opening date we'd be riding VLE from end to end on the day of the meet-up, but I highly doubt it'll be open in a week's time.

It is disappointing that they are chopping down mature trees, but credit where it's due both TransEd and Marigold are at least planting new ones.

Screenshot_20230328_122508_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230328_122417_Chrome.jpg

It is disappointing that they are chopping down mature trees, but credit where it's due both TransEd and Marigold are at least planting new ones.

View attachment 464862View attachment 464863
Good to see although would expect nothing less. The sad part is always no matter how many trees you replace you can't make up for those decades of growth and maturation lost.

I am sympathetic to the argument that too many trees have been cut down. The number of buildings that have been demolished in Westmount seems excessive and it will likely be a decade before those expropriated parcels are released and built upon, at the earliest. I wonder if the city is prioritizing the preservation of road space at the expense of dozens of buildings. I also wonder if this isn't part of the reason why the project is so expensive.

Back