Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Well noted by people in this forum. It surprises me (or maybe it doesn't unfortunately) that the media doesn't have someone digging into this story more because it's very obvious a lot of work is still going on outside of the piers.
There has to be someone from the media investigating this as there has to be a real juicy story here and a big epose would for sure garner clickage.

Then again, the Journal continues to employ Jim Matheson so probably not.

There has to be someone from the media investigating this as there has to be a real juicy story here and a big epose would for sure garner clickage.

Then again, the Journal continues to employ Jim Matheson so probably not.
maybe david staples will take this on once he finds out what danielle thinks about it all?

I think the sad thing about media involvement is that some stations can make a mockery of Edmonton's City Council, TransEd and whoever else is involved without offering anything constructive. It could be another political football.

I think the sad thing about media involvement is that some stations can make a mockery of Edmonton's City Council, TransEd and whoever else is involved without offering anything constructive. It could be another political football.
Yes, the mainstream media's resources are very limited these days so they tend to focus on the outrage of the day and quickly move on. The days when reporters spent months digging into something complex are mostly gone.

Its too bad in this case, because I think what happened here is mainly being hidden behind complicated relationships and it is hard to figure out where the problems are, but there sure seem to be a lot of them. We do need accountability and a better understanding.

I think you're absolutely right David. Media resources are limited AND these P3s are designed to hide information that would normally be available in a public construction project. But there could be some information available in TransEd's finance disclosures.

I think you're absolutely right David. Media resources are limited AND these P3s are designed to hide information that would normally be available in a public construction project. But there could be some information available in TransEd's finance disclosures.
I think the death of local investigative journalism has made corruption and malfeasance a lot easier to get away with. We just haven't noticed it much because it's largely been balanced by digitalization and open data efforts.

Screenshot_20221216-154826_Gallery.jpg

Back