Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

If it's anything like 83 St, honestly I prefer driving down 83 St in its current two lane with centre LRT configuration. I'm sure the residents love the traffic calmed configuration as well.
Definitely it is a whole lot nicer driving that route now. I did notice and am glad to see sidewalks on either side of the bridge.

WOW. 2 weeks of overhead line work. I'm guessing their test runs found something, frankly no surprise to me from the other issues I've seen with the OCS construction. But, just another example of this line was not ready for a summer opening. Hell, it's probably in TransEd's best interest that it didn't open during the summer. Let's say that the piers were fine, no issue. What if now TransEd had to announce it was going to have to end service early each today to allow time to fix the overhead? Or perhaps it might have required out right shutting service down for a period and running replacement buses depending upon the problem? Right now the issue is just some minor lane closure that get hidden under the pier issue.

Attachments

• 20221118_144308.jpg
    20221118_144308.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 22

Apparently it is 30, not 39 - here is the update

I'm surprised that they said no piers on the Tawatina Bridge were being repaired. There was one being repaired when I drove past yesterday.

How incredibly sad it is that things like post tensioned exterior reinforcement (usually used in like older rehabilitations) are being used on brand new infrastructure. I wonder what the long term prognosis is. The design being insufficient should have been caught way before we got to this point.

So considering the known issues with the concrete on the piers for the elevated sections of the SE portion, it's reasonable to think there could be similar problems with the piers for the Tawatina bridge then right?

Back