Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Flaggers still Downtown today. Are these signals working yet?
I’ve seen the signals work at Churchill Station, I’m just wondering if some of the brains of the pedestrians are. Some of them were crossing against the red lights.

Landscaping around Davies station looks good - a few dead trees that need to be replaced though. I like the planted boulevards but worry if the city will be able to keep winter gravel and sand out of these beds.

Traction power is shut off in the vicinity of the Grey Nuns stop, for work in and around the stop.
Imagine if TransEd was actually trying to get this line running for September 4th. By now they would have to be running simulated service along the whole line. There's no way they would have made September 4th if they still needed to do power shutdowns.

Traction power is shut off in the vicinity of the Grey Nuns stop, for work in and around the stop.
Imagine if TransEd was actually trying to get this line running for September 4th. By now they would have to be running simulated service along the whole line. There's no way they would have made September 4th if they still needed to do power shutdowns.
A moot point given the structural concrete issues. I imagine they adjusted other project schedules based on extending the timelines to fix the pillars.

First column of the Valley Line West has emerged from its cocoon! Here it is:
2ED1E69A-4611-44CD-A137-2F0532AE3952.jpeg

It is ~6’ shorter than the column being formed next to it; i can only guess that the new column will be supporting a different profile of viaduct. Perhaps the tracks will bifurcate over the first column, meaning some kind of additional, wider capital still has to be added before viaduct is added.
Speaking of viaduct, Marigold has implied they will be using concrete segmental girders, akin to the Menzies Bridge that carries the Capital Line over the river. This is different from Transed using single, large segments between each column; Marigold’s system allows for offsite casting of segments and a more incremental installation process, which they claim will reduce road closures. Their video referenced a moving gantry that willbe used to achieve this. There are yellow girders and segments up and down 87 ave, with a large laydown at the West Ed TC site. I think these components are the gantry itself, slowly arriving peice-by-peice. In Marigold’s video this spring, they mentioned segments going up this December. We shall see, but i think they may be on track for that!
8AA714EC-7F2A-4526-962C-E9DDF12C3FE8.jpeg

Back