Valley Line LRT | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

David A

Member Bio
Reaction score
Agreed. It has a certain 'je ne sais quoi' from that angle.
It looks especially bad from the west, not as bad from the east. It also looks better at night than during the day time.

I'm not sure that this is a ringing endorsement though.

northlands

Member Bio
Reaction score
Lets be honest, who looks good from all directions.

Side note, whoever employs the yellow suits with stop signs' workers must be the largest employer in Canada.
I've been wondering about that. I figured it has to be just some staffing agency lol

kcantor

Member Bio
Reaction score
Lets be honest, who looks good from all directions.

Side note, whoever employs the yellow suits with stop signs' workers must be the largest employer in Canada.
i think in edmonton the largest employer is whoever makes and distributes those traffic barriers and cones, particularly the temporary ones, being stored by the curb or on sidewalks and boulevards forever instead of getting picked up... :)

Last edited:

itom987

Member Bio
Reaction score
I am stumped as to why they need an army of yellow jacket wearing workers to block the intersections during LRV testing, they have something like 10 for every intersection. They are all twiddling their thumbs when not needed which is most of the time.

David A

Member Bio
Reaction score
I am stumped as to why they need an army of yellow jacket wearing workers to block the intersections during LRV testing, they have something like 10 for every intersection. They are all twiddling their thumbs when not needed which is most of the time.
It does seem to be overkill and I am wondering who is paying for this

Airboy

Member Bio
Reaction score
i think in edmonton the largest employer is whoever makes and distributes those traffic barriers and cones, particularly the temporary ones, being stored by the curb or on sidewalks and boulevards forever instead of getting picked up... :)
A lot of those are event or road closure for events. The current crop is along the marathon route. I noticed them out yesterday doing a ride along the course. But I think there are still some out from the Triathalon.

northlands

Member Bio
Reaction score
Was nearby so thought I’d take a look in the daytime. The fact it’s multiple in a row speaks more to concrete issues rather than design IMO.
D391C888-68FA-4D1F-8196-E24CD23DA15A.jpeg

F1C950F6-A588-4392-A3A1-80CEBBC021B9.jpeg
1DEF824A-94EB-476A-9C77-F88C198F7160.jpeg