Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

^Hmm, I wonder if theoretically they could have the 747 bus to the airport from Millwoods as well.
I don't think they'd do that, just because the Capital Line moves more people than the Valley Line will. And once Heritage Valley gets the LRT there, perhaps we could even see the 747 terminate there instead for a quicker round trip?

^Hmm, I wonder if theoretically they could have the 747 bus to the airport from Millwoods as well.
Good idea, but there is a surprising amount of resistance from the city to anything that makes transit service more convenient.

... or maybe I'm just not happy right now because the bus I was waiting for didn't show up. Fortunately, the next one after that came, service doesn't seem very reliable either.

I thought they were planning for fast limited service crosstown routes to connect major transit centres but only the 55 seems to mostly fit that role. None of the crosstown routes are slated to serve Davies Station yet. It is a 1km detour for the 55.

FY30F7nVEAEW_hb

I think Davies Station will be a similar hub to South Campus/Fort Edmonton Park Station. Davies will serve residents from Tamarack, Meadows, Mill Woods and parts of SE Edmonton. South Campus serves parts of West Edmonton, Riverbend, Terwillegar and Windermere. I think it would help to have a display board for departing and arriving buses.

I think Davies Station will be a similar hub to South Campus/Fort Edmonton Park Station. Davies will serve residents from Tamarack, Meadows, Mill Woods and parts of SE Edmonton. South Campus serves parts of West Edmonton, Riverbend, Terwillegar and Windermere. I think it would help to have a display board for departing and arriving buses.
Nothing from Windermere runs to South Campus.

As for Davies, there's no direct routes from Meadows. Just the 506. A lot of the routes are industrial routes... 502, 503, 505. The 504 is largely industrial and only serves Davies on weekdays. The 501 runs from Capilano, but also serves the Strathern stop. That leaves the 6, and that runs to Southgate. The BNR really changed the focus of Mill Woods routes from Millgate/ Davies, and as a result, there is only 1 route from residential areas of Mill Woods that will serve Davies.
More Mill Woods/ SE Edmonton routes will actually be making LRT connections at the Woodvale stop at 38 Ave.

Last edited:
I thought they were planning for fast limited service crosstown routes to connect major transit centres but only the 55 seems to mostly fit that role. None of the crosstown routes are slated to serve Davies Station yet. It is a 1km detour for the 55.
Maybe in the future, but the the current 50 series crosstown routes from the BNR were never meant to be limited stop.
As per my previous reply, with the large number of peak hour industrial routes, I wouldn't really call Davies a major transit centre. Just because it has an elevated LRT station, that doesn't mean it is automatically a major transit centre!
Outside of weekday peaks, I suspect it will be a ghost town.

The Northern LRT lines are connected with high-frequency routes 3 and 8. Likewise, the 4 and the 6 will connect the South and SE lines. I think the challenge with the Meadows Transit Centre is that the closest transit centres are Mill Woods and Davies. The 55 bypasses Millgate, but I think the one possibility for a connection to Davies could be a route like 700X (Century Park-Heritage Valley). A nonstop connection could be 15 minutes, which can run on weekdays.

Anyone hear anything about issues with the support towers at Davies? There is 3 towers just north of the Davies station with scaffolding an hoarding erected around them. It seems the power is off on the elevated section as well. There is grounding cables north of Argyll - not sure if they're visible on the south end of the guideway.

Back