Valley Line LRT | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

David A

Member Bio
Reaction score
Yes, we have a City Manager, yet problems persist for whatever reasons.

I believe a big part of the problem was the hands off approach by the last City Council. A different approach is needed.

Avenuer

Member Bio
Reaction score
Yes, we have a City Manager, yet problems persist for whatever reasons.

I believe a big part of the problem was the hands off approach by the last City Council. A different approach is needed.
Part of the blame needs to lie with TransEd, especially if 5-years down the line Valley Line West opens on time, which would show timeliness depends on the contractors as well. From what I've seen / heard from Marigold Partners, they seem to have their stuff together more than TransEd thus far in the project.

Edmcowboy11

Member Bio
Reaction score
From Marigold email updates

As part of the Valley Line West LRT project, a new Operations & Maintenance Facility (OMF) will be built to accommodate Valley Line West light rail vehicles (LRVs). This building will be constructed behind the Gerry Wright Operations & Maintenance Facility on 75 Street and 51 Avenue and will be used to store and maintain the Valley Line West low-floor vehicles.

On or around May 24, 2022, Marigold Infrastructure Partners (MIP) will begin work to create a storage area for construction materials, trailers, and equipment in the area on the east side of the Gerry Wright OMF.

There will be increased traffic to and from the work site. Most of this work will occur during daytime hours (7 a.m. – 9 p.m.), however, occasional overnight work can be expected. The public will be notified ahead of these works.

Construction of the Gerry Wright Operations & Maintenance Facility B is expected to last five to six years.

CplKlinger

Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
This will be beside the brand new storage building built for the SE line? Where? To the East of it?
Screenshot_20220517-182158_Gmail.jpg