Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

I doubt any -- based on the typical "Act of God" clauses that typically appear in these types of contracts. Three words... COVID, COVID, COVID
According to this article:

"Smid [the TransEd Project Director] said TransEd is facing penalties every day for the ongoing delays and that the city is protected against increased costs, but didn’t provide specific amounts.

'There are heavy consequences on TransEd for every day there are delays. Every day counts and for some reason if it misses the summer deadline, that’s still going to be the case. There is going to be big pressure on TransEd to get this done,' he said.

TransEd has been paid monthly during the construction period based on progress to ensure taxpayers only pay for completed work, the city said. About 50 per cent of the total $1.8-billion price tag was slated to be paid during construction with the remaining 50 per cent to be spread out over the 30-year operating term."

Those are normal contract "penalties" Cpl -- time delay means holding back contract amounts until the work is performed. These as opposed to financial penalties where you suffer a financial loss whether the work is completed or not.

Those are normal contract "penalties" Cpl -- time delay means holding back contract amounts until the work is performed. These as opposed to financial penalties where you suffer a financial loss whether the work is completed or not.
So the "heavy penalties" they face "every day" just mean that they get paid later? That's disappointing :/

I was already thinking of doing an RMTransit meetup for this, but yeah, a Skyrise meetup sounds fun
whynotboth.jpg

We should do a Skyrise LRT opening party for this. Open invite.

Are we truly nerd enough to do it? I believe we can be. If we set our sights to it.
very confused by this comment lol.

Dunno about others, but i am DEFINITELY nerdy enough to do this. i will be booking the day off work to ride the train back and forth. dead serious. If anyone else is looking for a buddy to ride the train with so they don't feel so geeky, hmu. I am going regardless lol.

July 29 is seared into my head already. it's happening.

very confused by this comment lol.

Dunno about others, but i am DEFINITELY nerdy enough to do this. i will be booking the day off work to ride the train back and forth. dead serious. If anyone else is looking for a buddy to ride the train with so they don't feel so geeky, hmu. I am going regardless lol.

July 29 is seared into my head already. it's happening.
Count me in!

Back