Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Just noticed the lights on the new bridge tonight
PXL_20211210_000122751.jpg

I have plans to be there on Sunday too. I want to witness the grand opening of this bridge and hopefully meet some of the higher-ups who may be there. Question is, is this event gonna be on the north side of the bridge or the south side?

Transit stops probably should work for tourists and people unfamiliar with the area. “City Centre Mall” works just fine for me.
Yes, I think we need to give a lot of consideration to what makes sense. It doesn't matter so much what the name is for regular users, but for occasional users and tourists, lets not make things difficult with arcane or confusing names.

Yes, I think we need to give a lot of consideration to what makes sense. It doesn't matter so much what the name is for regular users, but for occasional users and tourists, lets not make things difficult with arcane or confusing names.
Imagine getting off at Macewan station for a lecture at the college and when you come out you see a wall of Rogers Place and have a 10 minute walk to where you’re going.

“Did I get off at Arena station?”

Not only that, you're gonna end up with 2 LRT stations named MacEwan - the current one on the Metro Line and the the future station on the Valley Line. Rename the former as the ICE District LRT station and let the latter carry on with MacEwan. It would make perfectly good sense but ETS and the City of Edmonton don't work that way.

Back