Valley Line LRT | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

ChazYEG

Member Bio
Reaction score
TOD can be other types of development beside residential you know. I'd imagine that some commercial and low-to-mid density office buildings/spaces could pop up beside the station within the next decade and could make use of the pedway supports mentioned above!
DC did exactly that. They have a massive ToD around the Pentagon area that is all offices and retail, with a few high tech industrial facilities in the outskirts, and one stop over, they have another, almost as big ToD that is mostly residential/retail. Davies/Bonnie Doon/Holyrood Could very well support such dynamic in a few decades.

CplKlinger

Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
I think I saw the NB left turn signal operational at Whyte and 83 Street.
Yep, it looks like the new lights are uncovered now! The westbound turning lane onto Whyte Ave is also open again.
20211023_200646.jpg

yeggator

Member Bio
Reaction score
There could be some students cutting through the businesses if they don't take Davies Road and 80 Street to WP Wagner. I also wonder if there will be a multi-use path along Mill Creek if it's part of the daylighting project.
I don't think they can cut through the businesses. Last I remember of the area, there was lots of high fencing.

Platinum107

Member Bio
Reaction score

Foolworm

Member Bio
Reaction score
Davies is probably the best looking station, yet surrounded by huge huge parking lots....sigh
At this point it's an Edmonton thing.

Davies is a PnR, Heritage Valley will be a PnR... Misericordia and WEM may as well be considered PnRs too since they're next to / surrounded by gigantic parking lots (Guinness certified for the latter)