Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

102 Street station
View attachment 350587

The road west of this station was being paved as I walked by
View attachment 350588
Why are they paving west of 102 street? Isn't work on the remainder of the line supposed to start immediately after the first half opens? Guess they're tired of waiting to figure out when their own opening date for the first half will be.

Why are they paving west of 102 street? Isn't work on the remainder of the line supposed to start immediately after the first half opens? Guess they're tired of waiting to figure out when their own opening date for the first half will be.
They have done some of the dirt/U/G work in phase 1 for phase 2 and don't want it closed again until required.

Why in that one picture is the pathway covered? Are those solar panels?

What kills me is the bike racks 10 feet away left uncovered...

If we want to fix last mile transit, add covered and secured bike parking to more stations.
As far as I know the path from the LRT to the buses is covered simply to make it easier/more pleasant for passengers to transfer from the stop to the bus terminal and vice versa. It would really suck to walk a whole block in the snow or rain just to make your transfer.

I saw some testing in the Avonmore area today, and uploaded a video showing it. I added a small easter egg for you ;)

Also here are some pictures.

20210925_150511.jpg
20210925_150617.jpg
20210925_152148.jpg

Was biking with a friend who moved here in 2016. He joked that he's become a permanent resident, gotten married, bought and renovated a house, and had multiple promotions since this thing was supposed to he open.

The closure of this trail with no easy detours for 5 years is just wrong. We gotta do better.
20210925_085511.jpg
20210925_085427.jpg
20210925_085423.jpg

I recorded this video in October 2020, but didn't make it public because I couldn't figure how to speed up the boring bits or add music. But hey, some people might enjoy seeing how the Valley Line has evolved in just under a year, so I decided to make it public.

Back