University Heights | 23m | 6s | Westrich Pacific | EFG Architects

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I hope that entire stretch becomes a mid-rise block or three with a few coffee/food spots to create some additional options for the entire community.
I also wish they could improve that crosswalk, but I suppose they are limited with the LRT being nearby. Not sure if they could integrate a bike trigger/sensor as well but it would be useful here.

Would have been so much more bearable without the silly blue detailing and rectangles.

Just give us a beige stucco box with balconies and decent window detailing. Leave the articulated facades to firms that actually know how to design.

Hello everyone! Moving in very soon within the next couple of days. Coming in from out of province.
How is the building looking? Any updates on the unfinished portions of the building?
I don’t have a picture but the siding is starting to go in on the unfinished portion, aka the white panels on the eastern side and rock-type siding (sorry idk the actual names of these materials) on the northern side.

Hello everyone! Moving in very soon within the next couple of days. Coming in from out of province.
How is the building looking? Any updates on the unfinished portions of the building?
How's the move-in been? I drove by yesterday and saw a lot of U-Haul trucks surrounding the building so looks sure busy.

Hi everyone!

Move-in has been very smooth. Staff is super kind, everything is going fine so far. Seems like there are lots of people moving in.

Some initial thoughts:

1. Very happy with some of appliances such as the Samsung refrigerator, dishwasher, etc. Microwave and stovetop are also great. The laundry room is also fantastic. Very spacious and great Samsung washer and dryer. However, at the same time you can also tell they cheaped out on other places like the bathtub (literally feels like a sheet of plastic), the bedroom doors, the walk-in closet, and the walls... the walls appear to be quite thin and you can hear people walking around in the hallway and upstairs. Voices echo a lot. The walls and bedroom doors don't really give off that thick, sturdy vibe.

2. Lots of construction still going on from 7am to 7pm. Super noisy so it's hard to sleep past 7am. Pretty much half the building is unfinished, and even in the finished parts its missing the "finishing" touches such as unit numbers on the front doors, concierge desk, etc.

Overall I would say it's not bad. They did a great job in some areas and fell short in other areas. The lack of consistency makes it feel more like "faux" elevated living. They cut too many corners to be truly "luxury" / "elevated living". For example, wish they paid more attention to the smaller details, like a soft closing front door (Quite loud and can hear your neighbours door close with a "boom!" sound).

In conclusion, it's adequately suited for students and maybe younger professionals with a decent budget as a temporary place to live in.

Last edited:

Back