The Wedge | 38.1m | 11s | Holo Blok

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Just got word that Melcor is appealing the DP, mostly over concerns about impacts on the Birks building, but it sounds like they're also trying to appeal on the intent of the HA zoning and lack of consultation despite it not being required.

SDAB hearing would be on March 20 or 21. Pretty sure public input can be submitted but I'm not sure how.

Melcor with their track record of building (including their own blah office building) will only hurt their standing (if there is any left to speak of) with the public and the City.

Just got word that Melcor is appealing the DP, mostly over concerns about impacts on the Birks building, but it sounds like they're also trying to appeal on the intent of the HA zoning and lack of consultation despite it not being required.

SDAB hearing would be on March 20 or 21. Pretty sure public input can be submitted but I'm not sure how.
It would be fun if Melcor would just let them incorporate the diamond in the new building and call it a day. Heard Melcor tried to purchase this building on numerous occasions. If they would Melcor would own most of the block with a strong redevelopment potential in play.

http://sdab.edmonton.ca/download.aspx?PosseObjectId=310347596&PosseDocumentName=Decision

Last edited:
Permit Class Class B
Permit Date Apr 08, 2019
Status Approved
Description of Development To demolish an existing commercial building and to construct an eleven (11) Storey mixed-use building (Convenience Retail Stores in basement and main floor; with Apartment Housing (2nd floor and above with 34 Dwellings). (The Wedge Building)
Address 10342 - JASPER AVENUE NW
Legal Description Plan NB Blk 3 Lot 157
Neighbourhood DOWNTOWN
Neighbourhood Classification Central Core
Ward Ward 6
Zoning HA

Been crickets on this since the permit was approved. Maybe the neighbours are making a further legal case.

Apparently water servicing is the issue. From what I know, the project is on hold until EPCOR can find a way to provide water servicing to the building. That update was from the end of April, so it's been a while for sure...

Back