The Umphreville Block | ?m | 3s | River Valley Company

What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Unfortunately, there has been no progress on this project for months. It appears that they have left a half-finished building on the corner of a residential street. Very unfortunate for residents.

Based on the Dogpatch Instagram account, work is definitely ongoing (inside at least), so that is promising.

From yesterday evening:

A5E06975-04EF-434F-B307-C8D17511C794.jpeg

It's odd to see this stalled as I thought they had some pre-leases in hand. Perhaps they were self financing the construction and are waiting on some additional leases before having a lender step in?

Yeah I am also surprised, as I know they have plans in place for a pub (Dogpatch) and bakery (Bread & Butter).

From yesterday evening:

View attachment 271039
I live a few houses down from the building site. Unfortunately, it has pretty much looked like that since last year. Yes, I noticed that they put scaffolding up but still no real progress. I imagine the builder ran into some money issues, but they do need to understand how disruptive it can be for neighbours in a residential area to drag a project on for so long. Many of us were excited about this when we first heard about it, but enthusiasm has definitely been dampened by the frequent months-long pauses and lack of effort on the part of the builder to communicate what is going on (we have asked and been met with a dismissive and hostile response). If they ever decide to finish this, I hope it will be worth the wait. The apparent tenants look great and the delays aren't their fault.

Last edited:
Description: To construct interior alterations (initial tenant fit up for a restaurant (Dogpatch) and adjoining bakery (Bread and Butter)) within the main floor suite/tenant space and the basement area of a commercial mixed use building (Umphreville Block).- ''Dogpatch and Bread+Butter''NOTE: one ownership group for both businesses sharing a kitchen
Permit date: February 4, 2021
Type: Building Permit
Subtype: (03) Interior Alterations
Category: Commercial Final
Class: Restaurants and Bars (540)
Address: 101, 10158 - 90 STREET NW
Neighbourhood: RIVERDALE
Zoning: CNC
Value: $580,000.00

Back